Saturday, April 17, 2010

Vmware7+WinXP+Ubuntu

I installed Vmware7 in Windows XP, for code version control purpose, installed one Ubuntu 9.10. The virtual network was setup to work in bridged mode, which means the guest OS (Ubuntu) has a logically seperate Ethernet interface, and the IP address is in the same LAN as host OS (WinXP). After that, I can access svn service from any other machines within the LAN, the problem occurred when I tried to checkout code from host OS. TotoriseSVN complains connection to svn server failed. After googling for a while, I found someone had similar problem as me, and that was caused by a bug in vmware 7 and it affects "Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC". Fortunately, there is one workaroud: disable the "Offload checksum" in the deveice driver manage page. I tried, it works! The other remedy will be more complicated, setup the network mode to NAT, and forward any traffic you want pass to the guest OS, e.g., svn in vmware NAT settings. I didn't try that. Refer to original post for this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment